Additional common side effects of CAR T cell therapy
Side effects vary from person to person and can be mild to severe or cause death. The most common side effects of CAR T cell therapy include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher)
- Chills/shaking chills
- Difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- Severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Low white blood cells (can occur with a fever)
- Low red blood cells
- Severe muscle or joint pain
- Low blood pressure
Deaths have been reported in clinical trials of CAR T cell therapies.
Talk to your healthcare team about any side effects.
Symptom tracking and side effect monitoring can be found in our Resources.